Private Davenport, ready to leave for the Frontline 1914. A Ruabon resident pictured on Bridge Street. Just visible is The Vaults and the Roundhouse.
Wynnstay Colliery, Ruabon Wynnstay Colliery or The Green Pit. Ruabon. The New British Iron Company owned the colliery. The workings were ventilated by a split of the air at the extremity of the horse road [more]
Lost Houses from around Wrexham. Features 46 demolished or converted properties from large country houses, elegant seats to timber framed properties. This is only a small selection, history on these and more will be available [more]
Hope Street as it was – A collection of picture. A collection of pictures from various sources, thanks to Mark Griffiths and Hayley Angel Paice-Wright for use of their pictures. Compiled March 2015 by Graham [more]
Mynydd Picnic (Picnic Mountain) – Hafod 9th July 2010 The colliery once employed over 1900 local people, mainly from the villages of Rhos, Ponciau and Johnstown. The pit was closed in 1968. In the mid [more]
RAGLAN ARMS, Lambpit Street, Wrexham. The Raglan Arms was possibly the site of The Bull Inn? Built in the late 1850s, the name derives from Field Marshall Lord Raglan, who commanded the British forces in [more]
The men and boys who lost their lives at Gresford Colliery. Anders, John Thomas; Repairer; 31 Anders, John; Beltman; 27 Anderson, George; Repairer; 67 Andrews, Alfred (Owen); Cutter; 43 Archibald, Joseph (John)*; Metal; 47 Archibald, [more]
THE ROYAL WELCH FUSILIERS Comrades Association. The first meeting of an Old Comrades Association of the Royal Welch Fusiliers was held at Wrexham on 4th October 1912. However, it was not until the Great War [more]