Stryd Gobaith
Featured

Hope Street, Wrexham c1890

At trot through town to spend all the money. Hope Street, Wrexham. Visible to the right is the Talbot Inn and the retailers G. Day, Thomas Outfitters. Source: Material supplied by Emlyn Davies

Coal Mining

Stiwt
Cinema & Theatre

Stiwt Theatre – Rhosllanerchrugog

The Stiwt Theatre. Formerly the “Miner’s Institute” (Plas Mwynwyr), which was built in 1926 and dominated the social and cultural life of the village until 1977 when it closed. The local council, which had purchased [more]

Gatewen Colliery
Coal Mining

Gatewen Colliery

Gatewen Colliery opened in 1877, the pit belonged to the Broughton and Plas Power Coal Company. In 1914 the number of men employed here was 816 (696 underground and 120 surface workers). The mine had [more]

Wartime






Archives

Categories

Search

Hippodrome Light Sponsors